Tuesday 5 October 2010

Exhibition celebrating the work of weavers in Wales

I have just learnt about a current exhibition at the National Wool Museum of Wales, on until 8th January: Warp and Weft 2 - from handloom to production. This coincides with another superb event at the Oriel Myrddin Gallery in Carmarthen,Warp + weft, contemporary woven textiles, which features work by the following weavers - Peter Collingwood, Sue Hiley Harris, Ainsley Hillard, Makeba Lewis, Lucy McMullen, Ptolemy Mann, Ann Richards, Ismini Samanidou in collaboration with Gary Allson, Kathy Schicker, Reiko Sudo, Ann Sutton, Hiroko Takeda, Laura Thomas, Priti Veja.

Time to plan a trip to Wales?

5 comments:

Shani said...

my thoughts precisely !!

Meg said...

Goodness me, how fabulous. Are you going?

Dorothy said...

I'd like to get there Meg, but it needs thinking about as it's a long drive and I'll have to stay overnight somewhere. But this is such a wonderful opportunity to see contemporary weaving, and go round the Museum too!

Chris Roderick said...

Thankyou for posting this I woulod never have known otherwise

Time ot visit the relations I think

Barbara Blundell said...

Hi Dorothy,
Not to be missed ! carpe diem !