Saturday, 16 August 2008

Why blog...

"Why blog?" seems to be the question of the moment, and I've read some interesting answers from other people.

Here's why I blog.

Because Leigh kept saying I should... 'cos I have a lot to say. Wasn't that nice? Some people say I talk too much, but when something grabs my interest it gets my 100% attention and then I'm away. I have never been one to do things by halves. All or nothing.

Then Peg started her blog and with Leigh and Peg being two of my good weaving friends from the Online Guild of Weavers, Spinners and Dyers, it was time I jumped in too.

And... I keep going because some of you read my blog! Amazing - over 14,000 hits since I put a counter at the bottom of my blog page last year, and not all those hits were me taking a peak to see how my words look in print (!) Sometimes I wonder how many were poor Googlers looking for something else and here totally by accident - who knows? Maybe 13,999?

And... because being a weaver on my own here and not getting to meet up with other weavers, well, it's a bit like....

...when I lived on my own and I had a cat.

The good thing about having a cat is you can talk to the cat, so there I was in my little house talking away about things that interested me and I wasn't talking to myself, oh no, I was talking to the cat. So I blog, waffling away to all you folk I believe are out there but I haven't met yet.... thanks so much for leaving the odd comment from time to time, and thanks for reading! I know some of you read but don't comment (or at least one) because my sister e-mails me instead. Hi Catherine!

Must go and thread another section of warp, back soon with more weaving talk.

3 comments:

callybooker said...

And cats are such good listeners, aren't they? I sometimes feel a bit like a cat when I visit other blogs - closely watching what people are doing, but saying nothing - and then again, sometimes I leave very long rambling comments...

Barbara Blundell said...

Hi Dorothy, Glad you are O.K. Was beginning to wonder about your silence. Just hoped you were living it up in some exotic place !I think that lots of people read the blogs but are a bit shy or even wary of leaving comments.I find it interesting to have some feedback and did hope to establish a blog network-but it hasn't taken off yet ! I live in hopes !

Laritza said...

Keep going. I love your blog!