Monday, 28 April 2008

Other people's blogs...

I've been stuck at home for the past week with a bad viral infection. When not asleep, sipping hot drinks or knitting (it got so bad for a couple of days I couldn't knit...) I have spent more time than usual at the computer.

I've wandered around the 'net a bit, and I had fun going through the blogs signed up to the Weavelist. I was interested to see that many of the weavers on the list also knit socks, some knit shawls, and I think the dogs and children pictures are slightly out numbered by cats!

I also noticed that in the northern hemisphere almost all the blogs had been updated in the past week or so, even ones that had been quiet for weeks or months. Something to do with the snows being over at last and a few peeps of spring sunshine?

Anyhow, I have been a bit remiss in the past when other bloggers have passed on blog awards to me, partly because they tended to come from the half dozen or so blogs I read regularly - so there was no-one new to pass them on to!

Here's a little list of some of the blogs I have newly discovered, maybe you already know them! I hope you like them too:

Thrums
Linnet Knits
Abby's Yarns
Pleasant and Delightful

And here's another, not on the Weavelist, but one I've been a fan of for a while: Barbara knits, spins and dyes. She also writes beautifully, takes nice photos,has a well-balanced perspective on life and great sense humour:

Barbara Blundell's Blog

4 comments:

Leigh said...

I'm so sorry you've been ill. Sounds like it's been pretty bad too. :( I hope you're better soon.

Susan said...

So sorry to hear that you are ill.... get well soon!

Many thanks for your recommendation of my blog "Thrums"

All the best, Susan

Dorothy said...

Thanks to Leigh and Susan for their kind wishes for my health. I'm slowly recovering. I finally got down to the doctor and have some medication now which should help!

Barbara said...

Hi Dorothy, Only just got round to reading your blog. Sorry about the viral infection and hope you are much better by now.Look forward to reading more postings. Thanks also for kind words !